2000 Pajero IO(4G93 / H76W) intermittently fails to go past 2000rpms

2 replies [Last post]
uncleboni
  • Online Status: Offline
My Pajero IO has been behaving strangely lately. I will drive it for about 20kms at speeds of 80-100km/h without any problem but once I get to a hilly section of the road the engine fails to accelerate beyond 2,000rpms. When this happens I will park by the roadside, disonnect and then reconnect one of the battery terminals and voila I am good again until this issue recurs.

It's quite annoying especially when I am driving long distances as I am forced to do this 101 times. I have had the high pressure fuel pump replaced twice but the problem won't go away. I had someone do some diagnosis on it and the results showed that a few sensors could be faulty: air temparature sensor, air flow sensor, fuel pressure sensor & barometric pressure sensor.

Any one of you guys had a similar experience and how did you resolve it?

Thanks.

How much hammering can the Pajero IO take? Lets find out...

uncleboni
I managed to get this fixed a

I managed to get this fixed a few days ago.

Turns out one of the hose pipes that draws fuel from the fuel tank under the rear seat was not correctly connected/mounted. All my mechanic did was position it accordingly.

Been a couple of days driving with no recurrence. I hope this helps out someone with a similar issue.

How much hammering can the Pajero IO take? Lets find out...

Claude io
Claude io's picture
repair

Welcome to the forum and well done for that repair....

Happy io

Syndicate

Syndicate content

Translate This Site Into Your Language