Bribie Island - Ocean side camping - May 2013

3 replies [Last post]
simmo777
simmo777's picture
  • Online Status: Offline
Hi Forum,

So managed to get away from the 3rd-5th May and camp out at Bribie Island on the ocean side.

The permit is expensive (~$126 a year) but if you go even just a few times a year it makes your money back! then camping is $5.45 per person per night. Went up with a Hilux w/mud tyres no lift and a stock colorado ute, BOTH of them didn't make it up the entry to our campsite but of course.. you'd love to hear this.. the little Paj did and theres no better feeling then making it up then having to pull up your mates hilux and colorado. To their advantage the entry tracks to the campsites were very soft and without sufficent sand on the beach a run up can be tricky, nothing an IO can't handle however.

As far as camping, its great beach to have fishing, 4wdring, family day outings and there is an inland track that is also very soft at sometimes (hasn't bee open for a while before late April this year due to the rain) Beautiful place to go, also have a unit on the island but camping there is that much better!!

The calm side of the island has camping areas with toilets, showers and fire pits allowed however the ocean side does not and only has drop toilets at campsite P and the entry to the inland track.

^ Packed up ready to go 

^ Campsite J #20

^ Common area

^Beautiful view straight onto the beach

^ An indicator to how full she was packed

If anyone is keen to go out to Bribie for a day trip or camp, hit us up! 

Cheers

Simmo

2002 5dr Pajero IO QA 2.0L Auto - Lifted, Locked!! 1.925 Low Range - Muddies (205/80/16) - Redback Extractors to 200cell cat to dump at diff Exhaust 

Topher
Nice!

I'm keen for a trip to Briby one day/week :)

Allways Good to hear the iOs out performing the "common 4x4"

01 ZR LWB, 2 sets of kumho KL71s on rims, custom one off belly plate, lukey sports exhaust and a right foot to suit!

bob_oz
bob_oz's picture
Bribie

Bribie is good - maybe we should book out one of the larger campsand do an Io weekend, I know the one just south of the main ocean-side camping area is quite large and fits several vehicles, is quiet and seperate from bogans but still an easy walk to the toilets.

As far as Io's on the beach, the expression on the bogged prado owners face at the beach entry when I passed him skipping and drifting ontop of the sand, 2nd-gear Low range full noise 5,500RPM was the highlight last time I went :)

Claude io
Claude io's picture
lol

As far as Io's on the beach, the expression on the bogged prado owners face at the beach entry when I passed him skipping and drifting ontop of the sand, 2nd-gear Low range full noise 5,500RPM was the highlight last time I went :)

Lol, I had similar experience but with a mud patch, one Landcruiser didn't make it, the other Landcruiser... just made it... with lots of momentum, my io just drove through like it was a parking....this said they kick my bum, earlier, on a steep rocky track....can't win them all :)

Happy io

Syndicate

Syndicate content

Translate This Site Into Your Language