Replacement key for 2002 JDM 2.0L IO

2 replies [Last post]
Tom_in_Canada
  • Online Status: Offline
Hey everyone, I've searched the forums and have found some info, but am still unsure of what key to order that will work in my IO.  My current key remote is not working and the plastic actually broke so it looks like a replacement is in order.

Does anyone know where to order the key that will work for JDM models?    

Cheers

Tom_in_Canada
Will this work work on my JDM

Will this work work on my JDM model? 

https://m.aliexpress.com/item/32865623759.html?spm=a2g0n.orderlist-amp.item.32865623759&aff_trace_key=&aff_platform=msite&m_page_id=2213amp-4JtML7jjjiUtRKNR_M1MRw1542498240927

It appears that the Australia one is different.

fordem
You may have to "guinea pig" this yourself...

The frequencies used in the different markets vary and the only way I know to get a key guaranteed to work on a JDM vehicle is to buy the OEM part which is ridiculously expensive - at USD$15.80 for that replacement, it's certainly worth a try.  Instructions for programming a new fob into the ETACS are in the manual in the resource section.

Rather than shell out for two OEM key fobs, I bought an after-market alarm system with keyless entry, and the only function the OEM fobs would have given me that I am missing is the ability to automatically fold the mirrors when locking the car.  If your particular vehicle has the remote wiring to the passenger side, installation is pretty easy, mine didn't, so I ended up having to pull the ETACS module and modifying it.

Syndicate

Syndicate content

Translate This Site Into Your Language