Io 1.6 (perhaps 4G18?) with 220 000 Km

4 replies [Last post]
st4r6oy
st4r6oy's picture
  • Online Status: Offline
Hello all,

Someone in my city is offering a Montero Io (this is how is called the Pajero Io in Argentina) fitted with a 1.6 engine. The lad claims that the engine is the same as in the Mitsubishi "Lancer", but there are very few references in the web about this "Pajero/Montero Io 1.6" ...

I suppose the engine in question is the 4G18, and this "1.6" version was sold (just?) here, in Argentina, due unknown problems (importation taxes for instance) with the "normal" 1.8 and 2.0 ones...

The vehicle seems well taken care of, and the price is good.

My questions are:
how many Km is supposed this engine to last?
it is suitable to buy a car of this kind with 220 000 Km in its record?

any other comments about this model and/or sugestions are welcome.

Thank you in advance!

fordem
The 1.6 was also sold in other countries...

The 1.6 litre iO was also available in other countries, it's just not as common as the larger engined versions.

st4r6oy wrote:

My questions are:

how many Km is supposed this engine to last?

it is suitable to buy a car of this kind with 220 000 Km in its record?

There is no set number of Kms an engine is "supposed" to last - how long it will last is going to be a function of how it has been maintained - with proper maintenance, an engine can run for several hundred thousand kilometers, and the same goes for the vehicle, 220 000 Km is nothing, IF it has been properly maintained.

What you need to do is look at the maintenance records if they are available, and have the vehicle inspected so that you have an idea of what condition it is in.

MadMax
MadMax's picture
Hello, I have a 1.6L in oz,

Hello, I have a 1.6L in oz, mine is 222 000 to date and runes really well. If well maintained engine, in theory, could go forvever I guess.

I have seen some for sale, 1.6L with over 350 000 kil sooooooooo... :)

I live my life a 1/4 mile at the time

Tieman
16 4g18

Hi

Iam in South Africa with a 1600 4g18.

andre
Agree if you maintain

Agree if you maintain properly and attent to small issues immediately the car can reach more than 350000 easily. My 2 liter 2003 model is still running like a dream and I do my own maintenance since 165000 km. Current on 207000 km. Standard except for heavy duty coil springs and a 50mm lift rear and 30mm lift front. Also from South Africa.

Syndicate

Syndicate content

Translate This Site Into Your Language