P0425

2 replies [Last post]
Parfy
  • Online Status: Offline
Has anyone got any experience of this error code? I have a Pajero io 1.8 GDI turbo and this has started to come up when the engine is run at speed, basically when you’re consistently going about 60 mph + . I was having some issues related to the high pressure pump which was replaced and fixed them, related its also had a new MAF, spark plugs, new exhaust.
As part of getting the new exhaust, and related to the HP pump issues, the cat coming off the exhaust manifold (part MR514544) had been damaged with what I assume was overfuelling / running too rich, so I had to scrape out the interior.

The car is running totally fine, the engine coolant doesn’t seem to be going over temperature - anyone have any ideas what could be causing this?

The car has only one O2 sensor from what I understand which is pre cat - so I don’t see how it can be determining catalyst efficiency?

fordem
From what you understand???

Parfy wrote:
The car has only one O2 sensor from what I understand which is pre cat - so I don’t see how it can be determining catalyst efficiency?

How about you get under the car and take a look see yourself - you've gutted the cat, and now you're getting a P0425 which is what I would expect you to get with the cat "missing" - maybe it does in fact have two sensors and is not "what you understand"?

Parfy
What’s the need for an ass of

What’s the need for an ass of a reply? Don’t you think I’ve got under there already if I’ve done this stuff? If doesn’t have a second o2 sensor. Chuff off you grumpy tw*t

Syndicate

Syndicate content

Translate This Site Into Your Language