Front Struts Options for 1998 Pajero iO (2 door, 1.8l)

4 replies [Last post]
Paj129
  • Online Status: Offline
Hi,

I have recently imported a '98 iO into British Columbia, Canada, but saddly upon inspection we have found that the front struts are blown and need replacing. So yeah, I am look for two replacements struts and/or advice on what struts I can find on cars here in North America that would do the trick instead. It's a pretty rare care here. I don't mind if it's slighlty lifted or anything, I just need new struts in order pass inspection- Doesn't need to be stock height.

Thank you very much.

Andreas

fordem
I'm not aware of any ...

I'm not aware of any North American market vehicles that use a similar front strut so I would suggest you order a pair of struts from either Japan or the UK, which ever is more convenient.

Please be aware that there were two different types of strut used and you need to determine which you have fitted so you can get the correct replacement - the struts are paired with the springs to achieve the correct ride height - there is a "strut data" thread that lists OEM and after market part numbers and also how to determine which strut you currently have.

One last thing - your focus may be passing inspection, but the purpose of the inspection is to ensure the vehicle is roadworthy, not just for your safety, but also that of other road users - struts are a critical suspension component, please don't fit "any" strut that looks like it will work, get the correct strut for the vehicle - your life and the lives of your loved ones may depend on it.

Paj129
Thank you for the reply. I

Thank you for the reply. I have found the correct struts!

fordem
What did you get & where from?

I hope you don't mind my asking - what struts did you get, and did you have to import them yourself?

Paj129
They were the KYB 34442- I

They were the KYB 34442- I had help importing them. They’re on their way now.

Syndicate

Syndicate content

Translate This Site Into Your Language