For Sale - 2001 iO 2.0 5 door (piningu)

32 replies [Last post]
Piningu
Piningu's picture
  • Online Status: Offline
My little iO is up for sale, as is at this stage. Asking $4500, but open to offers - especially if someone snaps it up quick.

piningu!

Current setup:

- Spotties on light bracket

- Sony CD player with aux in, Orion front splits (standard rears)

- Roof racks (which attach to the factory rails)

It's a 2.0 Manual, with all options except the sunroof -so electric windows, 2 airbags, central locking, roof rails, spoiler, driving lights (they give surprisingly good spread). I've updated the lightglobes, so it's like daylight between the three sets of lights. It has a dealer fitted alarm as well (conected to the central locking).

It came with the 'Defence Pack' so has factory tint and a bunch of paint-coded 'stickers' to cover any bumps or scrapes. I have a dint about the size of a fist in the passenger front guard, and there are usual carpark scratches for a 13 year old car, but otherwise pretty neat.

What it needs: 

- Clutch and rear main seal (I'm still driving it, but you'd do these pretty soon)

- New tyres all round (just about to the wear indicators, they are just 225/60 road tyres)

- New schocks 

- Minor bits and pieces - flashing diff indicator, new remote for central locking as its glued together, some mounts and bushes which are worn, possible hole in the exhaust/muffler. Low range still engages no drama, it's just the dash indicator I believe,

I'm selling as-is at this stage, because I figure why spend money on standard tyres/struts etc to sell it when someone here may like it and want to change that stuff anyway. If I can't find a buyer in its current condition, I'll be sinking the cash to sell on Carsales etc with a RWC, and charging accordingly.

The car has only 185,000km and plenty of life in it. I've owned my iO for about 4 years, and before that my sister had it for about 3 years. 

We're in the eastern suburbs of Melbourne (Mooroolbark). Drop me a message if you are interested - as I say, I'll hear you out on any reasonable offer.
Piningu
Piningu's picture
More photos

io

io

front

Piningu
Piningu's picture
Okay, I need to sell this

Okay, I need to sell this little iO now. I found a car and was ready to buy, but need to have the iO sold first. 

I also noted that the tyres do actually have quite a bit of tread. They are just not A/Ts, but do okay on the road. I mentioned to Claude that it might be a ZR - it has all the features, just no decals. I'm not entirely sure on that one. 

Considering offers over $3500. Anything less and I'll be keeping rego/lights/roof racks. 

If I can't sell in the next week, I'll be fixing her up to sell with a RWC (or keep for another year) so would be looking at about $6500-7000 then. 

Claude io
Claude io's picture
price drop

If the price keep dropping $1000/week, I might call you in ....a week and an half ! 

Just take your time, it will sell. ...

Happy io

bob_oz
bob_oz's picture
4 door

I have a black 2 door and a new daughter -

will consider given that I have 99% of what you are wanting to change already in mine

give me a few days to talk with wife etc

pixelvandal
pity you arent in qld!

pity you arent in qld!

FocusIO
What is the difference between this and aZR?

How much do you want now?

FocusIO

Glen
Glen's picture
I cant find any apart from

I cant find any apart from the ZR sticker.

bob_oz
bob_oz's picture
ZR trim

the ZR trim is that golf-ball plastic, not the velure

Piningu
Piningu's picture
KTM300 had the same trim as

KTM300 had the same trim as my car, and his was a ZR? In fact, my car is identical to his, except for the decals and the awesome lockers/lift. I think it depends on the year. 

I'm putting a hold on the sale - I'm pricing up the parts needed to get it all good again. Mechanic has gone over it and it needs upper/lower control arm bushes as well as the front sway bar bush. I'm just trying to work out if the usual KYB/King spring setup for $795 as a decent deal. It doesnt need the springs but if I'm doing the shocks, then why not? 

I had a car lined up but it's gone and I would need  $4500 on this car now to get the big family lugger I need - so I think I will have to spend the money to fix her up, keep it for another year or so and reassess the situation. In the meantime I have to make sure we have no more kids... two car seats is the whole back seat.

I should have the clutch and rear main seal done shortly, the shocks will be done, and then I just have to sort the muffler. Will be back to being a safe little fourby, its going to cost less than I expected, so for $2k I should have everything sorted, serviced and good to go.

Of course, if anyone is interested, then everything has a price..

FocusIO
Thanks. Let me know when you

Thanks. Let me know when you change your mind. We have cash.

FocusIO

bob_oz
bob_oz's picture
two seater

Piningu wrote:

... In the meantime I have to make sure we have no more kids... two car seats is the whole back seat.

i've got one child and with my 2 door only having two rear seatbelts (SWB are a 4 seater not a 5 seater as rear seats are between the wheels, not infront of them) i'm taking more severe action to maintain my single child family - wish me luck!

Claude io
Claude io's picture
WHAT!

Are you nuts !  I hope that you are not doing any self mutilation because your io is too small....get a Toyota Camry wagon instead :)

We all wish you luck, hell...you might need it .... lol...

Happy io 

Piningu
Piningu's picture
Okay, so I now have a

Okay, so I now have a replacement car sorted and the if has to go.
Make me an offer, next step is Gumtree/carsales/ebay.

FocusIO
Thanks I bought a new Amarok

Thanks

I bought a new Amarok instead.

FocusIO

FocusIO

Piningu
Piningu's picture
Bump. make an offer, she has

Bump. make an offer, she has to go! I can't run three cars unfortunately.

Claude io
Claude io's picture
offer

Maybe try ebay...

Happy io

Piningu
Piningu's picture
Hi guys, The iO is still up

Hi guys,

The iO is still up for sale. Currently advertised on the usual sites for $3500 ono. Rego runs out in 3 weeks so am open to offers - I won't be renewing the rego so throw an offer my way. I no longer need the racks or lights so it is an all-inclusive sale. 

Also I discovered it is a MY02 model, built 2001. 

Claude io
Claude io's picture
offer

I made an offer in the past...still there ...but I would prefer to have a couple of day rego to drive it to canberra. I can take the bus to meet you.

My offer is low, but might be better than no sale. Ebay could still be a good option.

Happy io.

Piningu
Piningu's picture
Okay, this is the last 2

Okay, this is the last 2 weeks I can have the iO as Rego and insurance are due. Claude, your offer is lineball with someone else. If I can get 2500 for it right now I'll be happy. Not happy, but not paying two and insurance. it has got to go though.

Claude io
Claude io's picture
For sale

Thanks,

I think that I pass. The cost to put it back on the road and rego is a bit too high to offer you $2500. The rego alone here is just a bit under to $1000 + inspection cost. And without seeing the io before, it add some risk. Same for the possibility that your clutch won't make it to Canberra....cost to get it tow is too high if this happen.

I think that it is a smart move to sell it with a bit of rego left, the buyer can at least drive it. The io is not an easy car to sell.

Thanks for the reply

Happy io

Glen
Glen's picture
Dam it, Im contemplating

Dam it,

Im contemplating getting a second IO and leaving my current one in NSW as a pure rural work car / weekend thrash and bash (keep rego on it) then get another fore everyday use.

I only about 1 hr ago ordered $1000 worth of tyres to make the trips between nsw and melb a little more quiet. the worn KM2s are bad now.. no need for that if im going to leave it up there. That $ would have gone a long way towards this car....

Due to the work situation im about 6 months away from doing this tho.

Dam you lol, ill have a think about it.

bob_oz
bob_oz's picture
io

i was going to fly down with my QLD plates and QLD rego sticker and just drive it back - if it ends up not selling and out of rego i'm keen for this - black io, mine is listed as a 4 door anyway with QLD rego.

i wouldn't be able to do this until jan by which stage the vehicle will likely be gone - 

Glen
Glen's picture
Welcome to store at my place

Welcome to store at my place until then if needed Bob ..

bob_oz
bob_oz's picture
cash

no cash til jan.

in any case my daughter is 2, i have 3 years until i really need a 4 door car, and in that time i'm likely to end up rocking a 6a12mivec OR scrapping the entire io for a paj evo or SWB paj NT

Piningu
Piningu's picture
Well, the Rego runs out

Well, the Rego runs out within a week. So it has to go ASAP if the buyer is ingested in keeping the rep going and not having to put a new Rego on it.
I can't keep it till Jan, so I will now take crazy offers. Start me at 2200, It Wil be 3000 if I have to put 12 months two on it again.

Claude io
Claude io's picture
car for sale

I thought that you sold that car ??? 

Happy io

Claude io
Claude io's picture
offer

By the way. I have the feeling that I am the only one that made you an offer!!! and if you choose to take it, it is ONLY if the car have some rego left to drive it home....

Happy io

Piningu
Piningu's picture
Hi Claude, I have had another

Hi Claude,
I have had another couple of offers at $2000. Rego expires from 3/11. So it needs to be collected this weekend at the latest. If you can do that, it's yours. Otherwise I have to pay Rego, so it would need to increase in price accordingly.

Piningu
Piningu's picture
Hi Claude, I have had another

Hi Claude,
I have had another couple of offers at $2000. Rego expires from 3/11. So it needs to be collected this weekend at the latest. If you can do that, it's yours. Otherwise I have to pay Rego, so it would need to increase in price accordingly.

Claude io
Claude io's picture

I have send you a reply to your email...waiting to hear from you

Happy io

Claude io
Claude io's picture
car for sale

Dear Adam,

You wrote to me to tell me that you accepted my offer, now I just read this http://pajerio.com/forum/difficulty-rear-main-seal#comment-17514

I am confuse and... a bit upset....how many offer have you missed ? because you are just about to loose another one.....

Happy io

Claude io
Claude io's picture
Black io Sold

After some...confusion....and lots of travelling/organising, this car is now sold and it is at my house :)

Thanks for those who helped, thanks to Glen for picking me up.....

Happy io

Syndicate

Syndicate content

Translate This Site Into Your Language